For awhile I have seen those hypothetical wardrobe challenges, I always wanted to try it out, but always failed at it. Until I came across Roli's version of 333 challenge. It suddenly make more sense in a way, but I actually had hard time to fill it out.
I took following rules from her challange:
- This is a year-round 33 piece wardrobe, not seasonal
- It does not include the necessary underthings, such as petticoats and bloomers
- It does not include jewellery or small accessories (though, given that it is quite cohesive you would probably not need to many different pieces to match everything anyway)
I ditched this one
- It does not include bags (and a single, neutral, big ivory purse would go with everything)
and added a few myself
- It does only contains three main pieces(more would be too much work, but I could easily put one more in)
- The mainpieces should be solid
- the wardrobe contains a coat and least a pair of boots
This is result
The mainpieces is a lovely demin jsk from MAM, a Nun OP from bttsb(properly a statement piece) and brocade underbust jsk from Attp. I think plain cotton could work too, but I really want to play with cuts, without being old school. Structure adds something to every piece. I didn't add a short sleeved blouse, but there is plenty of boleros. I added Btssb Heart bag, i fallen in love with them lately, they are cute and verstaile.
first up is the Demin jsk, despite being sweet piece, it is surpricing verstaile. From classic to old school sweet. it can everything.
The bottom outfits is to show how I would cordinate for going out, Auturm/Winther(Spring) and Spring/Summer.
Next up is the Nun dress, there is not so much to say. I really the dress with ancle socks to contrast the heavy dress body and with thights it looks really fancy. The last one is just to try see it with a coat. The socks is not solid by the way, they have a dainty rose pattern!
The last one is the jaquard jumperskirt. It is fun to play with, there is almost endless possibilities. If I have to add accesory, i would go for classic or steampunk, even it could be old school sweet as well.
I could help it and try something with the coat.